Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Age its just a number

So Happy Birthday to me. Yes today I am a year older. I am not so sure about the wiser part of all this but we will see how the year plans out.

I got some awesome presents including a $200 gift voucher from Amazon. Now that's how to make the owner of a Kindle happy. I see a year filled with books.

I also recieved a number of lavender bath products which I will be handing over to my mother. Yes I am a year older but I am not that old that I am willing to accept lavender in my life.

The biggest present is a ticket to see my friends in Oz and attend a school reunion. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and having some time on my own. Yes I am leaving the husband and the child at home. So this year I get to visit young me again. The only problem is now I prefer a cup of tea in bed while I snuggle down to watch the Daily Show and if I feel like a late night an episode of QI.

I guess I will have to get my party shoes on.

So my goals for this year.

Get my first novel published. This isn't just a goal it has to happen I can't take another year as a GIS Consultant.

Swim the Midmar Mile - well I have entered so now I just have to swim I can do a mile in 40min now so I should make it.

Slightly secret goal just because I am afraid it wont happen. I will let you know once the process starts.

Keep up running and boot camp.

Blog more often.

Spend more time with Ewan. Sometimes work can wait.

Drink more wine and laugh more.

Accept my life and love it for what it is.

Use my knowledge to get involved in Save the Rhino

Do the online course with Matador Travel

 

So yes I have started using Oil of Delay but I am still on the young side of life dammit and I have lots to do this year.

Now where are my glasses?

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age- Lucille Ball

Many people die at twenty five but aren't buried till they are seventy five - Benjamin Franklin

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy happy Bday. Good luck with the Midmar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last two quotes!

    So are you doing the Midmar this weekend? It's been something I've wanted to do for so long but I need some serious training to do it before I can even consider entering. If you are doing it, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am swimming the Midmar Mile this weekend to try and raise some money for Reef Carneson a toddler who is suffering a number of after affects of Cancer and is undergoing treatment in LA as Doctor's couldn't help him here. I am terrified as this is my first open water swim but its all for a good cause.
    Glad you liked the quotes.

    ReplyDelete