Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The rest of the holiday

Honestly the rest of our holiday was a bit tainted by the start. I wanted to enjoy it but between the financial strain, family relations and being pregnant I found a large portion of the holiday very trying.

However the bright light of it all was Ewan. He loved pretty much every moment of the holiday and seeing his little face light up with excitment made the whole thing worthwhile. I don't have any pics of Disney as my camera was sitting on the ship with my brother for that week. Bitter dissapointment for me. There are some photo's from my parents camera but I haven't downloaded them yet and of course having Andrew's camera stolen meant we had nothing till we boarded the ship.

Ewan loved Disney. He loved the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, seeing Mickey Mouse at breakfast (he postively shook with excitement), going on the Buzz Lightyear, Nemo and Tomorrowland Raceway multiple times, his first big rollercoaster and numerous other rides. He was on a high all week. The Florida sun was shining and he loved playing in the hotel pool for a few hours each day. I certainly managed to keep fit that week. The Disney parks are huge. At some point in the future I will post some Disney tips for people from outside the USA.

So onto the two weeks on the ship.

The Carnival Glory was very nice. Much smaller then the last ship that we cruised on but I found that to be a good thing. We did pretty much the same cruise as last time with the addition of Grand Cayman which has the most spectacular snorkeling I have ever seen. I nearly cried that I couldn't dive this time and Grand Turk which was a little boring. Small island with an okay beach. So here are few pics of our holiday.


Ewan on the beach in Nassua. I love the smile.



Ewan and Andrew swimming at one of the top 10 beaches in the world.. St Thomas.



My brother and a very pregnant me in San Juan.



San Juan has to be one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. That wall is older then any structure in SA.



Ewan beating us all to the top of the hill in San Juan



Kissing a towel animal while holding my carnation on Valentines Day



My two favourite people... taken inside our cabin on Ewan's bed.



Ewan and my Mom climbing around the Mayan ruins at Costa Maya. Spectacular everybody should see these at least once in their lives.



The incredible view of Isle Roatan. Lovely beach.


So that was our holiday. I will be posting over this coming week about our SA trip last year. I am sure you are all more interested in places you are likely to visit soon. This was after all supposed to be a travel with kids blog and I have neglected that bit.


Have a wonderful Easter with your family and friends. I need to go make a cheesecake now for Ewan's school Easter Sale then it's holidays for them tomorrow.



 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I would have cried over the photos - but it does look like a great experience in the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did cry... lots. We were supposed to pick up the camera the day my brother's ship was in Miami but we were in London and my parents didn't have a car to get to the port. I will download my parents pics and see if there are any decent ones. Still love my new Nikon and I am looking forward to taking thousands of photos with it. By the way loved the photos of Sondela on your blog. Sorry having difficulty commenting again.

    ReplyDelete