Thursday, March 28, 2013

The A-Z of blogging

Stephen Tremp issued a blog challenge to blog everyday in April using the alphabet. So A is on the 1 April, B on the 2 April and so on. You skip Sundays and there are 26 days in April.

I decided to use a theme of travelling South Africa. So here is my list so far. Let me know what you think and please provide ideas for the missing letters. There is every chance I have been to the place but my brain is just having a pregnant moment.

A-Addo

B- Ballito

C - Cape Town

D- Durban... or perhaps the Drakensberg

E- East London

F- ...

G- Giants Castle... or Grahamnstown

H- Harding...  or Howick and the Midlands

I- Imfolozi Game Park

J- Johannesburg ..... Or Jefferys Bay

K- Kruger

L- Lesotho

M- Mapungubwe

N- Northern Cape... would include Augrabies and Kalagadi

O...

P - Port Elizabeth

Q-....

R- Rorkesdrift and the battlesfields

S- Sodwana

T-... um maybe a list of the best tented camps in SA

U- Utrecht but I am open to other ideas.

V- Vryheid

W- Western Cape.... places like Knysna and Mossel Bay

X-... no idea... maybe a section on the Transkei

Y-... Youth Hostels or else give me an idea

Z- Mountain Zebra National Park

 

I will be away two days because of my brothers wedding... hmm maybe I should do Ithala for I as that is where they are getting married. I may also be away for scans in Ballito but I will always post ahead.

So what do you think? I hope this pushes me to become a more regular blogger.

8 comments:

  1. F for Ficksburg and the cherry festival, X for Xaxaza a lovely caravan park in Mtunizini - and then you can write about the lovely town with it's swamp and resident zebras in the town (check out my blog), O for river rafting on the Orange river. No idea on the Q though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for F. I haven't been to the festival but I have been to Ficksburg. Xaxaza hmm I will have to check that out. We usually stay at the Tradewinds hotel or at KZN Wildlife's camp. Thanks I love finding new places. That's what I want from these posts. People to go out and try new places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F - Franshoek? Ficksburg cherry festival?
    O - If you stepped slightly over the border you could fit the Okovango Delta in there
    Q - Queenstown...although I'm not sure if it offers anything in the lines of vacation spots?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Franshoek that's another great idea. Wow the Okavango. That would involve some serious day dreaming. I have never been there but I would love to go.
    I also thought about Queenstown but all I know it is as is a pee break on the way somewhere else. Some research may be in order.
    Thanks for all the help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Looking forward to the journey with you. Stopping by from A-z! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting topic for the A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xaxaza is mor of th eold fasshioned type resort but further from the beach which over December is better and everything is clean and neat and has a great pool. Apparently the last few years the KZN spots had issues with ablution blocks etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't be suprised if the KZN spot has issues. We stayed at Tradewinds last year for a weekend and just hit the beach for a day. Rubbish everywhere and people drinking on the beach. We had hoped to give Ewan some beach time but it was out of the question. That was on a normal weekend. Hope the park does improve as it really is a lovely spot. Thanks for the Xaxaza tip though.

    ReplyDelete