Friday, May 17, 2013

37 weeks

On Wednesday baby girl offically hit the full term mark. Yesterday I had a major nesting day and cleaned everything. Today I am shattered. Please just all hope she doesn't arrive this weekend. Hubby dearest decided this weekend was perfect timing for a management/team building weekend in Mozambique. So while I sit here anxious and pregnant he is having fun. He was not at all popular this morning.

The suckiest part of all this is we don't have a decent private hospital nearby. Ballito where I am heading to have the baby is a three hour drive away. The joy of living in the middle of nowhere. I am moving down there next week Friday to wait for the baby. Guess where husband will be? Not in Ballito!!! He  is at his school reunion weekend. Can you just feel the love?

When Ewan was born he organised things to spend as much time as possible with me but that won't be happening this time. I didn't actually go into labour with Ewan as ex-gynae forced me to have a c-sec at 40 weeks. This time I am with a different gynae and hoping for a VBAC. I am freaking out now at the thought of going through something I have no experience of and having to wait for 3- 4 hours for husband to be at my side. I don't forgive the weekends but I do understand he has to work during the week.Still......

So any advice from women who have been through labour would be great.

I am not allowed to have an epidural because of the previous c-sec and the risk of the scar tearing so any ideas to help with the pain would be great.

Apologies for the disjointed post but my head is not in a great place at the moment.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat I completely understand that you are not impressed with Hubby at the moment! In my book he would have been sent to the dog's house as well!

    Hope that baby stays put until you are ready, or Hubby is home. Stay calm, and tell baby to enjoy the peace!

    I have no advice for VBAC. I also wanted to have one, by my gynae flatly refused because I was over 40.

    Holding thumbs that it will work out fine! I would think that breathing is the most important, and to trust your body to know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I have no advice on labour pains - I had an emergency c-section with my pink terrorist. I had pretty intense braxton hicks but I don't think that's even in the same league. Do what feels natural would be my advice, even if that includes screaming and throwing bed pans at people. ;-)

    Good luck! I'm sure you're going to be fine and it will all go well.

    ReplyDelete