Monday, May 6, 2013

It's been awhile

So life has been pretty hectic in my little part of the world. Here in bullet points is what is going on right now.

*I am trying to get my career as a freelance writer off the ground. I have had a few good offers but if anybody in this industry has any advice please let me know.

*We seem to be spending our lives sorting through baby stuff and wondering who we lent things to. It has been chaotic but I think we are finally good to go. My bag is packed and the babies bag is packed. I am 35 weeks now and the fact that with Ewan my bag was packed by 25 weeks shows you the difference between baby number 1 and baby number 2.

*I am spending as much time as possible with Ewan. I am still so worried about how he will feel about no longer being the only child.I really don't want his feelings to be hurt. Even at four years old he is still very much my baby.

*My brother had the most incredible wedding celebration in Ithala on the 20 April. The whole event was stunning and the ceremony brought me to tears. Yes he has actually been married since January but this was the moment for the family to come together and it was perfect. I just wish I hadn't been so pregnant. I felt like the whale bridesmaid and I really couldn't dance and party the night away with old friends.

*To follow on with that my brother and Alena announced on Wednesday last week that a new little one will be joining the family in Jan. I am so excited. They have sadly been assigned different ships for this contract but all fingers and thumbs crossed they will be able to be together soon.

* I am at the tired of carrying the bump point now. I am sleepy and in pain all the time. In fact it has got to the point where I have started thinking constantly of having my normal body back without the giant bump. I want my baby and normality:) Yes I know that normality is months away and things will never be quite the same but I can dream right?

*I do plan to finish the blogger A-Z challenge even though it has taken me much longer then planned. The K post on Kruger is a long post but I am working on it in my spare time.

So what is happening in your world? Any advice from Mom's with two kids:)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that feeling of worry for the first-born is so normal, and I promise you it will disappear when you see how much his sibling adds to his life.
    And on the freelance writing thing, you do know Stacey Vee and I do this full-time? Mail me anytime if you want advice in the magazine field?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I have just stumbled across your blog and I'm hooked! It seems we are from the same part of the world - are you in Vryheid? I am a mom of two under-fives; we lived and worked at Ithala for five years, then went up the road to Somkhanda Game Reserve for a year, have been in Howick for two years, and now we're heading back to Somkhanda (between Pongola and Mkuze). My husband and I both work in the field of conservation.

    We have a lot in common, even down to the same gynae! I have loved catching up on all your posts and I would love to get in touch. I've just started blogging (address listed above) and am on Twitter (@tazzamom).

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete