Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Today

This idea of A-Z blogging may have been a bad one this month. I will try to ctach up the days but time is running away from me. Friday was Andrew's 40th birthday party, Saturday morning was my baby shower and the afternoon was spent at a spa with my future sister in law. Sunday I had Ewan at home all day by myself as the guys only got back from the bachelors in Joburg after 5. It was a lovely weekend but a long one. These last two days I have been battling to sit at my desk as the darling pregnancy pains get worse and worse. I will be changing to my laptop tomorrow and hopefully I can find a more comfy spot to write.

However todays blog is also about what happened in the world today. I don't want to concentrate on the bad and by now we all know the story. Lets rather talk about the good people who did not just stand by and watch things happen.

People actually ran towards the explosions to help those who had been injured.

This was a major international event so the first responders from the police and medics were already there so help was available in seconds.

The hundreds of runners who ran on to the nearest hospitals after just finishing a marathon to donate blood. So many arrived they had to turn some people away.

The people who within minutes of the event where offering free accomodation for runners and families of those injured.

The restaurants offering to feed people for free and even deliver food to the hospitals.



There will always be more good people in the world then evil. We just need to stand up and fight.

 

6 comments:

  1. So true! AI, but to sdeal with this with the older kids. I have written a post about it (will be published around lunch time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad, but you are right! Nothing like this that reminds people about the most important stuff in life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great subject matter. Yes unfortunately it usually takes a tragedy to jumpstart people into doing something. And yes it does take everyone praying and standing up against evil acts. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your post, it nearly brought me to tears. I refuse to watch the news because of the bad news that is constantly presented, so these were facts I hadn't heard about. It's beautiful witnessing the kindness of the human spirit.

    Hopefully your pregnancy pains ease up on you. Congratulations on your little darling that is soon to enter the world. :)

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of my favorite quotes, and you're right... there's far more good in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is heartwarming to see that good still prevails over all the evil that happens around us.
    Hope your pains have reduced and you're feeling better.

    Bhavya
    #atozchallenge
    Just Another Blog

    ReplyDelete