Friday, April 24, 2015

Kayla Itsines week 1

So anybody who has followed this blog for a long time will know that I have battled to lose weight after having two kids. I have tried a couple of diets but I really messed up my metabolism by not eating in high school, so diets don't seem to work for very long. A friend posted on FB two weeks ago that she was starting the Kayla Itsines 12 week bikini body challenge. It sounded like a great idea and I liked the 12 week commitment. I got the books and I started this week. The workouts are enough to have me dragging myself down the stairs like an old person every morning. I am so stiff that I can barely move. Today was the end of week one for me and I am slowly seeing results. I feel stronger and happier then I did a week ago. The scale has only budged by 1.2 Kilograms and I have a long way to go but it took a number of years to put this weight on so I am not expecting miracles. I didn't follow the nutrtion plan this week but I did cut down on portion sizes and up my water intake. The plan consists of three days of circuits per week that you can do at home or at the gym. At this point on the challenge there are two days of low intensity exercise like walking and one stretching session. The circuits take 28 minutes and I have found it pretty easy to fit them into my day. I am in pain but I can feel it working and next week I will try to follow the nutrition plan to a greater extent. I will follow this up once a week as most of the reviews I found were from really skinny people that just wanted to tone a bit rather then anyone wanting to lose 20 kilograms. I know I won't be there in 12 weeks but I will be a lot closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment