Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Term 1

Yikes... the first term is over already. Time really has flown by for us. Tomorrow I am going back to Vryheid for the first time since our move. I know it will be great to see friends and family again but at the same time I don't want to go back. I am so happy here and there are so many fun things happening around Ballito this holiday. Oh well... one of the great truths in life is that you can't go home again. It will no longer be home and I will be the odd one out. Everyone else's lives will have carried on in the same way and we will be different. I will chat and have fun with friends but a few days later I will leave and they will stay. It is all going to be a very different experience. On our lives here, well I have written a thousand blog posts in my head while I am driving but somehow they never end up here. I need to push myself to blog more. So that is my Easter Resolution since New Years didn't really happen for me this year. What I can tell you is that moving here has been a success story for the most part: E is no longer suffering from Asthma on a weekly basis. He hasn't even coughed in months. E is so happy at school that he cried when he had to miss two day of school because of an eye infection. After years of fighting with him to get him to go to school every single day this is such a welcome change. E has developed a love for swimming and asks everyday if he has swim classes. The kid is weeks away from being able to swim and I am so proud of him. He now spends ages under water when we swim and that was always a big fear for him. He still has a few muscle development issues which could be linked to the asthma and a lack of oxygen at times. Swimming, going for long walks in the bush and the huge playground at school seem to be helping. He actually took part in a mini sports day yesterday and he did very well. His teacher believes that he is showing great improvement. He is starting kids yoga next term to help with his core development but it seems that we are on the right track being here. Little Z is loving life here. She goes to the playground at the estate on a daily basis and has proven that she has no fear when it comes to slides. She flings herself down the big slide. Z is a real little adventurer and will find a way to follow her older brother across any obstacle. Z graduated from baby swim class yesterday and is moving to the toddler swim group next term. I am so proud of her. This is something she would not have been able to do back in VHD. She is starting baby dance classes in June and I am sure she will love it. A is still not with us all the time but we live in hope that he will be able to join us down here soon. So its back up to the cold North for us tomorrow. I have packed Z's snowsuit:) The poor bug gets cold if the temp drops below 24 now. Have a wonderful Easter break with your family and friends. I will post again from the place that nobody has heard of on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment