Thursday, March 10, 2016

Catch Up and some news

So here is a quick catch up on whats been happening in my little world..

1. E started Grade 1. Prep school is a completely different ball game filled with extra-mural activities and homework. He is thriving and loving the challenge. He still adores swimming and currently swims twice a week at school and twice a week with a private coach. I am not sure if this is really a sport that he will compete in but I will support him as long as he enjoys it. This term he chose to do tennis twice a week as his school extra-mural. It has meant coming home at 4 on a Monday, so I hope that next term will be a bit less chaotic. He has made some really good friends at school including a sweet little girl, A who often gets a lift home with us.


2. Z started playgroup at the same school. She nearly ran into school on the first day. She was so excited to finally be able to go to the same school as big brother. I knew she was ready as she had started to cry every time we dropped at E at school. She wanted to be part of the fun. We have had one or two teary days, including one where she actually said Waahh. The rest of the time she loves school and adores her teacher. Her vocab has improved in leaps and bounds. She is in a really sweet class and they all hug each other in the morning. They will have 16 years of school together and I am sure some of these little friendships will last. All of her food issues have vanished and she loves sitting at table to eat with her friends. They get porridge in the morning, a fruit snack and a cooked lunch. Her favourite food is the Mac and cheese. Apparently she always eats two bowls of that.

3. A has still not been able to move to Ballito. A year later and I am still in the single parent world during the week. It still sucks and the kids find it really hard. Hold thumbs that everything works out this year.

So now for the news.... I am launching a parenting/travel/ organising Youtube channel. The first video will upload on Monday. Schedule for now is:
Monday- organisation
Thursday - fun video : this may be parenting, cooking or travel related depending on whats happening in our lives.

I think we need more South African Youtube channels. I love the US parenting channels but I battle to find any of the items they mention here.

I will eventually link it to my blog. Still undecided if I am going to continue with East Coast Life or move everything to Katinafrica. What do you think?

Anyway, so that's what I have been doing... expanding my freelance career and learning how to edit videos. I will put the link here once the first video uploads.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all is going so well. Swimming is such a great low injury sport and something you can do your whole life. A is really into her swimming but the boys not so much. Even hubby swims. I do hope you get your hubby "back" in the weeks soon

    ReplyDelete