Thursday, November 24, 2016

The results

So, if you read this blog then you will know that we spent close to R20 000 taking E to different Doctors and therapists to diagnose if he had an issue. He sometimes swapped his letters, didn't grip his pen correctly and had a tendency to drift off while working. Turns out that he is BORED. Final conclusion is that he has very high IQ and doesn't find school interesting or challenging. So I have asked the teacher to push him and this term we have seen really great results. The kid is trying harder at school and we are super proud of him. At home I am trying to get him to work with speed. The rush in the morning has improved and we are getting to school with 20 minutes to spare instead of 2 minutes. All progress.


In the holidays we are going to take him for and eye test as he may have a slight vision problem. End result is that he doesn't need a million different types of therapy. I never felt that he did.

Z started moaning and crying in the middle of the night and today woke up with a fever. So I am in the Calpol world and dealing with a three year old that won't let me put her down. My back is already feeling the strain. Luckily I have a few hours off today. It's called work but sometimes as a parent it feels like time off.

1 comment:

  1. Ai I know that feeling - that work is actually time off! So glad all is fine with him!

    ReplyDelete