Monday, November 28, 2016

The Grid

So I recently joined Virgin Active. Still trying to lose the extra pregnancy weight and all that. My daughter is now 3. I am pretty sure that I no longer have an excuse for carrying he extra kilograms around.
Anyway...
VA has this class called The Grid. Basically 6 moves that you perform for 40 seconds each and then you get a 20 second break before doing it again. You could say that I am trying to kill my fat. The next day my muscles are killing me and I really curse the stairs in our house.

So today was The Grid day. This was only my 4th session so everything is still a bit new and fun. Every time the moves are different and I really liked today's set. It was all going well until I started feeling faint and had a coughing fit on the 3rd of the 6 rounds. Curse you family for getting sick and passing your nasty germs on to me.

I had to walk out of the class. My chest is still aching and I am waiting for the constant coughing to start. It 34 degrees today and it does not feel like the right weather to be getting sick.

So here is some advice... skip the grid if you feel a vague hint of a cold coming on. I am off to find the Vitamin C and hope that this vanishes instead of getting worse.

Of course I am a Mom and this is the busiest time of year at work for me and for getting stuff done for the kids so I may get the Batman voice but I won't be sick. Just not allowed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katina :) I've just stumbled upon your blog and love it! Why don't you write anymore if you don't mind me asking? I also stay in Ballito. Nita x

    ReplyDelete