Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Party Fun in Ballito

I am back!!! I took a long break from blogging to concentrate on my writing for pay:). However, I really missed blogging and writing about things that interest me.

Last weekend was my kids birthday party. E turned 9 and Z turned 5. Time really does fly.

E decided on a Harry Potter themed party and Z just went along with the idea. She adores him and wants to be just like him so anything E wants would be just fine with Z.

I have in all honesty been having a bad time lately with depression amongst many other issues. Sorting out incredible details for the party just didn't happen.

What I did get sorted made the kids very happy and I realized that you don't need tons of decorations and expensive party extras to make the kids happy.

We hired a jumping castle, bought a few sweets, had a fantastic cake made, and assembled a cheese platter for the adults. That was it.

I put everything together at the party with a few the help of two very good friends. It took us twenty minutes.

So onto the things that may interest those that live on the stunning Dolphin Coast.

VENUE
We had the party at our Estate clubhouse. We are super lucky to have one as I know that venue hire around here can be pricey. Last year we had Z's party at Sugar Rush and it was amazing. I highly recommend them. The price included a jumping castle, playground, and all the catering. It was by far the easiest party we have held. I just pitched up with the cake and they did all the rest.
E had his party at the Jump Park and it was perfect for a group of 8-year-olds.

JUMPING CASTLE
We hired ours from Jolly Jumpers this year and two years ago. This was the second time they didn't have the castle that we ordered. Well, this time the castle had a slight leak at the top so she gave us a different one. The new one was fairly boring looking but I wasn't given a choice as that it was they pitched up to the party carrying. I figured that this new one was probably a bit cheaper anyway so I just let it slide. When she requested payment the new one was R60 more than the one we had hired. I know it's not a huge amount of money but I was unhappy with the whole thing in principle. I have been told by friends that KZN Inflatables are fantastic so we will probably use them next time.


CAKE
The high point of the party. The cake was made by Elaine from Love Baking. This is the third cake we have ordered from her and again she exceeded my expectations. The cakes are always delicious and just stunning to look at.
Isn't that just the most amazing Harry Potter cake? I love the aged pages and the images are just perfect for the kids.


So that was our Harry Potter party... We had so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment