Monday, October 31, 2011

Carnival Cruise Lines

My brother works for Carnival as an IS Manager and has been with them for I think five years now. One of the perks is that his family get two weeks on the ship for free on every 6 month contract. He was on the Carnival Dream so that was the main reason behind the trip to the States. We visited him on the Carnival Liberty for a week a few years back and loved it. This whole experience was very different with Ewan and Philip along for the ride.

The Dream is huge and its really more a floating hotel then a ship. Its a great way to relax om holiday as your biggest problem in the day is should I have the buffett or Mexican for lunch. Everything(besides booze and gambling) is included so money is no longer an issue. We spent most days on the loungers tanning on the deck. I tried to read but watching the ocean go by is like meditating as your mind just drifts. Peaceful and heavenly.

The first week we went to Cozumel, Honduras, Costa Maya and Belieze. I fell head over heels for Mexico and I can't wait to get back there for a longer trip. Cozumel was heaven on earth. Ewan thought the bar we found(and spent most of the day in) was heavenly.It had a crocodile, a chameleon and a number of parrots. Dogs everywhere. Really relaxed and the food was great and the beer as it should be with lime in it. It really was perfection in Mexico.

The view from the bar.

In Costa Maya I got to fufill a long held ambition of going to see Mayan Ruins. It was a million times more spectacular then anything I could have imagined. Of course Ewan decided to be a complete handful and nothing but climbing the steps on the ruins would make him happy. Luckily the Mayans were very keen on steps so once we got to the section you can walk on he was a happy little boy again.In the morning I will post a few more pics of Mexico and then a couple pics and stories of the second week. Also up tomorrow my mushroom risotto recipe and a Reef update.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your work , thankyou for all the useful articles .

    ReplyDelete