Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012

So 2012 finally came to an end.

There was a sad note to the end of the year. I wrote about Meredith a few weeks ago on this blog. She passed away on the 21 December. I thought about her small daughter a lot over the festive season. Christmas will never be the same for her again. It will always be the time she lost her mother. So sad. Her story made me think about what I would like to accomplish this year if I knew this was my last year.

So this is not the same as New Years Resolutions which we just forget about anyway..

I want to spend as much time as possible with Ewan. I don't want him to feel pushed aside in anyway when his sibling arrives in June.

Make space in my heart for my second child.

Write as much as possible. I want to really throw myself into something that makes me happy.

Cook more. I tend to repeat the easy dinners instead of indulging in a hobby I really love.

I have other goals, hopes and dreams for this year but I intend to focus on being happy.

So I hope 2013 will be a wonderful year for everyone. I have two weddings and a baby to look forward to so far.

What does 2013 hold for you?

2 comments:

  1. Karen at MomAgain@40January 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM

    Great reminder! Most important to be there for the little ones!
    Hope you have a great year! Lots to look forward to! :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thinking. Imam planning to live bigger, experience more, have more joy about the ordinary, embrace life in short. We passed by your way yesterday from the coast back home

    ReplyDelete