Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I'm back:)

I am back.... although the website still looks awful I have decided to just live with it until I can get someone else to do the design and editing work. I promise it will become more social media friendly. Some days I wish I could go back to Blogger as that was so much easier.

Anyway....

Since I left a few things have happened:

* My beautiful niece Sasha was born on January 1st. She was also the first baby born in Alberlito hopsital this year so the North Coast Courier did an article on her which you can find here. Isn't she so cute?

* I turned 30. Wow I still can't believe I am 30. My husband planned a surprise weekend away for me to Misty Peaks in the Drakensberg. I had a fantastic weekend surrounded by friends and family in a spectacular setting. It did rain all weekend but the mountains look great even in the mist.

* Husband gave me a pendant with a tanzinite rock that dwarfs my engagement ring. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

* Zoey started crawling. Now she is in everything and so Ewan is learning to hide his toys.

*Ewan started Grade RR. He is so close to being able to read and write. Thought about moving him straight to Grade R but after talking it over with a few people decide to leave him in RR. He will be 5 in June which means he would be 18 six months after leaving school. I don't think he would handle being the youngest in his year very well socially and emotionally.

*I have some very big news that hopefully I can tell you about soon. It will change so many things in my life and I am sure the changes will be for the better.

* I can finally call myself a writer. I have a number of freelance jobs coming in and it's slowly starting to pay. My first book has passed the $200 mark on Amazon which isn't a huge amount but it's a start. Praise from a few well known editors in this country for pitches I have sent has given me the self belief I so badly needed. So onward and upward.

Hopefully my thirties will bring me to a happier and more content place in my life.

So what have you all been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment