Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Paleo 30 day Challenge

One of my resolutions for my thirties was to lose the baby weight gained from two pregnancies. I tried a couple of diets but as somebodywho spent years not eating I find progammes that have points difficult. I tend to try and get as few points as possible using exercise and not eating. Not exactly the point... I know.

My Doctor suggested the Paleo diet and since my husband had just heard a talk about the diet and wanted to give it a go the timing was perfect.

The basics:

Paleo does not involve points or counting calories. The idea is to simply eat the way hunter-gathers did. This means no processed foods, carbs or diary. I did a lot or research and most of it really makes sense. When you shop on the Paleo diet you stick to the edges of the supermarket and fill your trolley with fruits, vegetables, nuts and meats.

So the 30 day challenge:

I am sticking completely to the diet for 30 days(okay I will have the occasional white wine spritzer). It's a really short period of time and I want to give this diet the best chance. After 30 days I will decided if I want to continue, adapt the diet a bit or stop altogther. I plan to write here every few days just to update on weight loss, cm loss and how I am feeling. Hopefully this will help others wanting to try Paleo.

The start:

I started the diet on Monday 02-02-2014. The night before I ate a carb fest from KFC to get it all out of my system.

Breakfasts have consisted of omlettes with bacon or leftovers from dinner. Lunch is fruit or steamed veg. Dinner so far has been steak and salad or meat and veg. Tonight we are having people over for dinner so I am doing a chicken bake with cauliflower and pumpkin mash,

Feelings:

I haven't actually missed carbs and I do feel full after a meal. Today - day 3 I have a bit of headache which Dr.Google says is normal as your body suffers withdrawal symptoms from carbs, sugar, diary and proccessed foods. On a more personal note I have the heaviest period of my life which is also apparently common but this does stop as your hormone levels even out.

The only thing I do is miss is chocolate and that will be coming back to an extent after the thirty days.

Cheats:

I did have a cider at my parents house on Monday. Whoops but I don't think it matters too much.

The important info:

All the measurements where taken on Sunday night.

Weight: 82kg

Waist: 94cm

Hips: 110cm

Bust: 98cm

Wow okay I am really putting that out for the world to read. Don't judge I weighed 42kg's when I left school. Okay you can judge me... I judge myself. I did need to gain about 15kgs after school as I was severly underweight but 40 is pushing it. My goal now is 62 kgs by September 10. I know I can do it.

I will be doing kettlebell workouts, yoga and cardio so not all weightloss can be attributed to the diet.

So let's start this journey and I would love your support along the way.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment