Friday, April 15, 2016

Five for Friday

A blogger that I have followed for years, Cat@juggling act of life recently started doing Five for Friday posts and I love the idea. If you have never read her blog, please go and check it out. She is awesome. So here is the first of my Five for Friday posts.

1. We have just finished the first week back at school for Term 2. Both kids are loving being back at school with all their friends. Seeing the joy on their faces at drop-off reinforces the fact that we made the right choice moving here. They are both so happy. I can't believe that E is in the second term of Grade 1. He will be 7 in a few weeks and I can't stand how fast my baby is growing up. The school year is flying by.

2. Today I feel really lucky to live in Ballito. As the rest of the country heads into winter, we can look forward to a continuation of balmy evenings and lovely days. I live for the warmth and I love Durban winters. A recent trip up North reminded me of how cold it already is in parts of the country. NO THANK YOU:)

3. E had his first chess club meeting at school on Tuesday. I have tried to teach him to play for years with no luck. Apparently one session with a teacher has him setting up the board correctly and starting to learn how the pieces move. I know she is a great coach but really, sometimes as a parent you just want to throw your hands in the air. Why can't they ever listen to us?!!! He is really loving it and can't wait for next week's meeting.

4. My Dad bought a Tangle Teaser brush for Z yesterday on Takealot. It will arrive on Monday and I will let you know next week if it works. Currently every morning involves tears as her hair knots really badly at night. I have tried tying her hair up to sleep but she wiggles so much that it comes loose and we have a fizzy and knot filled mess in the morning. The Organics Detangler spray is a life-saver but hopefully this brush will help get the knots out gently.

5. I know it may not seem a lot to you but today I managed an 8min/km. I actually ran the whole km at pace. In my world running constantly for 15 min before I slowed to a walk was a huge achievment. I have always hated running and swimming was my happy place but I have finally caught the running bug. I trail run/jog/walk twice a week on a 4km trail and hit the treadmill twice a week for a 20min session. Baby steps and all that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the huge compliment my friend. And I missed this Friday... I sometimes honestly think kids learn easier from others than their parents just because they are stubborn. Really why?

    I would love to live in Ballito. Love North Natal coast. And we have tried the tangle teaser and so many other brushes (a has very fine hair - and a lot of it). The best ever has been a little brush that Mr Price sport sells for I think about R40 - it is like a big pebble that fits into your hand - looks a lot like the tangle teaser but smaller. So you can give that a try as well.

    ReplyDelete