Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Peak stress

So right now I feel like I am balancing a million things. I am working extra hours to save towards a house, trying to find the right piece of land on which to build said house, stressing about choosing the right piece of land and the right architect before we even start with the stress of the actual build, I am still single parenting during the week and I chose to dismiss my maid so I am doing all the housework as well. So that is the end of my pity party.

Z is now 3 and wow 3 is way more fun then 2. By fun I mean, constantly saying "I won't like it" and "No thank you" to everything. Try dress her in the morning and you get one of those two responses to everything. At least she is polite but it does take for ever to get ready.

E is 7 and we are facing the hill of therapy. He went for a full assessment last week to try and find the issue. He is reversing his numbers but not letters. He fades out often and you can't get a response and the final issue is that he doesn't follow instructions. We will see what the results are and take it from there. On a positive note he is starting to really find his place at school. He plays with a number of kids in different classes and grades. I don't know how they manage it but as a large school with about 350 students, they all seem to know each other.

On the housework issue, I was getting tired of having to re-iron clothes, clean the bathrooms(they got pretty gross) and clean the kitchen all while paying somebody else to clean the house. Last week I moved my recipe book holder and found grime underneath it. I don't think she had ever bothered to lift anything and clean. I looked around the house and found tons of issues with the cleaning and I had a large amount of family coming for the weekend. So I had to spend the whole of Friday cleaning and doing the ironing that she hadn't bothered to do. So I decided to start following a few Youtube channels that show cleaning and organizing tips. If women there can work full-time and clean then so can I. So far it's going pretty well. I hate moping the floors but otherwise I really don't mind the work. I have split it over different days and it takes me about 10 min in the morning and 30 min at night to keep the house looking good and the laundry done. I will take about an hour every weekend to deep clean but I am happy to do it. Everything is where it's meant to be now and I don't spend ages looking for items.

On a final note... any tips for choosing an architect? I have a list of approved ones on the estate but there are 25. I don't know where to start and I need to chose one so that I can get them to look at the sites we have chosen and give their opinions. My favourite site is a pan-handle with a very narrow entrance to a steep slope. The land the house will be built on is flat but getting there is going to be an issue. Any tips or suggestions?????

Have an awesome week.

2 comments:

  1. On finding and architect - have a look at their work, thin down to a few you like and go and see them. For a house you need to have a good personal rapport. Also make sure they are in fact architects and not technologists - this you can do with SACAP.

    Good luck with the therapy - we have been doen that route many times.

    ReplyDelete