Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What am I doing wrong? Oh right, I hate mornings.

So this morning husband was home as he had a meeting in Pinetown. So today I made school lunches and kid breakfast but ignored the getting kids ready part of the day. Okay I got eldest in the bath but I figured hubby could do the rest. I was waiting for the meltdown as the kids performed their morning terrorist routine.

Guess what?!!

E actually washed himself in the bath and got out after 15 min without a fuss. He ate his breakfast quickly and drank all his milk. He brushed his teeth, washed his face and got dressed in the fastest time in history. He was ready for school at 6:55.

Z got into the bath without screaming, got out out of the bath laughing and happily accepted the clothes I had laid out for her. She let hubby brush her hair without screaming or tears. In fact she bounced and laughed the whole time.

Both kids got play time and they left for school at 7:15.

How the hell did he do it and what am I doing wrong? If I get the kids in the car by 7:20 its a miracle.

Husband dearest suggested that it may be because I am not a morning person and any smiles I try in the morning are fake. True his chirpy personality this morning did cause me to ask what the hell was wrong with him?

Let's hope that he moves down here soon so I can become the evening parent and he can deal with morning chores.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great deal. But also - remember that it may not be the same when he is there every day - it may just be because this was an oddity

    ReplyDelete