Thursday, December 15, 2011

Water water everywhere

Time for a rant!!

So we have had water problems in the small town of Vryheid were I live on and off for a couple of years. Its frustrating. This last week the problem has just gotten worse.

Monday - water but low pressure

Tuesday-no water from 3pm

Wednesday- water in the morning but switched off at 4pm

Thursday- still no f*cking water

My son has forgotten what a bath is.

Cooking is an issue.

We have some water in buckets for the toliets but its running out.

So the cause of all this misery.

It varies but mostly its the pump is broken and there is no money to fix it and nobody has bothered to repair or replace the back up pump. The other reason is the pipes are old and they burst from the pressure.

The reason there is no money well four years ago the municipality paid 76% of its budget to salaries and since then they have allocated even more money to salaries. The amount of money our mayor earns is equal to people at the top of the corporate world in cities like Joburg. She also gets a car, bodyguards and a phone allowance. Thats just a few of her many perks.

Last Friday I was driving to Durban when I was run off the road by a blue light brigade(for overseas readers thats a South African thing where even the lowest politician can have a couple of cars with bodyguards and flashing blue light. They drive at whatever speed they want and happily run people off the road and pull guns on those that don't obey.) Of course there is nothing you can do about it so I went off the road. Luckily I drive a 4x4 as I landed in a huge pothole that would have seriously damaged most cars.

So the point of this rant is that I am over this. I am over paying rates but not getting water. I over politicians thinking they deserve massive salaries but don't want to do any work. I over politicians thinking they need more protection then the President of the United States and that they can drive at whatever speed they want.

Give me ticket out today because today I just hate Africa.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment