Friday, June 15, 2012

Kruger Series - Skukuza

Skukuza is not to everyones taste. In fact on my last trip I swore I would not step foot in the camp again but I have mellowed and forgiven the camp. It was my own stupid fault for being in Kruger on a long weekend. If you are going near Kruger on a long weekend stay North. The Southern part gets beyond crazy. We waited 45 min for three burgers and chips at the restaurant. Not great when you have a hungry and demading three year old in tow. So yes thats my lesson learnt. Onto the good parts of Skukuza

1. Its the headquaters of the park. Its actually interesting to see all the activity that goes into running Kruger.



2. I am not a golfer but even I think it would be great to play on a green where a lion could be around the corner. It adds a certain thrill to the game.


3. The view from the restaurant deck is amazing.


4. The wildlife around the camp is incredible. Sadly you will share the view with a number of other cars but you will see it.


5. This is the reason I go to Skukuza. Not just the Selati Grill which is great but the history. I am a history not and I love all the pieces of history that you find at this camp. The story of Kruger is an amazing story.


2 comments:

  1. I love the new layout of your blog and am interested to see that the white dot, where presumably the plane will be landing, in your heater picture is in fact exactly where I am.

    Also glad to hear you are a history not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put in the spelling mistake on heater -> header so that you don't feel too bad about being a history not.

    ReplyDelete