Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Three years

This month marks two big dates for us. Today three years ago at 8:05am Ewan Richard Taylor was born. I am to be honest feeling a little teary today. His babyhood seems to have gone by so fast. This morning he recieved a few small gifts from us, followed by Andrew and I taking a cake to school for him at 10 in the morning. I loved seeing his little classmates singing happy birthday to my little guy. He beamed the whole time and made a big show of blowing out his candles. This evening we are having a small party at my parents house. All his favourite people will be there except his beloved Uncle James and Alena. Its days like this that I wish I lived a little closer to my brother. Still they will be here in a few weeks and I am sure Ewan will want another party for that. Tomorrow we are having friends over for dinner and Ewan will get another cake and some more prezzies. Thursday we are heading to Durban for the weekend and thats where his parents will get him his actual birthday present. Lucky little boy right:) I am still not sure what to get him but the options in Vryheid are very limited. All his little gifts I bought at the crazy store.

The other big date (although the actual day is up for debate) is that this month nine years ago I met Andrew. I really can't believe its been nine years. Andrew and I in Dec 2004. The years really do fly by.


Our wedding anniversary September last year


The day he was born.Last month in Cape Town. I can't believe how big he is.

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy Bday to him! And gosh, you are in Vryheid! Spent auite a few happy holidays there with friends on their farm towards Paulpietersburg's side

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cat. My husband's family used to farm out that way. Email your friends name katinafrica@gmail.com it would be fun to find a connection.

    ReplyDelete