Monday, June 4, 2012

The Best of Kruger - Satara

In a few weeks I will be heading off on my 9th trip to Kruger in seven years. Yes I know I am very lucky. The best part is this is the second trip of this year and I am going again in September. On the last trip we left Vryheid at 5 in the morning and we were in the park just before 9. It takes longer for us to drive to Joburg which we sometimes have to do and we do that just for the day or a weekend. This got me thinking that I really don't take enough advantage of Kruger. So I have lots of weekend breaks planned for early next year.

Anyway I have decided to do a short series on the camps in Kruger starting with Satara. I promise I will get to writing about our trip around SA in the next few weeks but right now I am just far too busy. So this is a mini project.

Five great things about Satara

1. It has great open areas for kids to run around.


2. Satara is the only camp with a jungle gym


3. There is a lovely pool with a nice toddler pool.



4. If you want to see cats this is one of the best camps in the park.



5. The perimeter spots are fantastic for sundowner game viewing


Satara is one of the most popular camps in the park so book well in advance. Another option is to wait until a month before you would like to go and look for cancellations. Risky but if you can't plan ahead you can still get some great spots.


Satara is also great for spotting smaller animals such as genet, african wild cat and caracal.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds great! I have never been to Kruger since I was in primary school> We definitely need to plan a holiday there! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great place. Ewan's first trip he was three months old and now on this last trip he could name most of the animals and even helps look for animals. Hope you enjoy the rest of the posts about Kruger and that it helps you chose where to go.

    ReplyDelete