Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Men in leather shorts and tiny hats

So last Friday was the school Bierfest. They are Germans and they take Bierfest very seriously. The weather did not play ball on Friday and a massive storm hit town. So we all had to struggle in our heels and fancy outfits through rain and wind to get to the hall. As you entered a large glass of beer was handed to each person. Fantastic when you are knocked up. Bex thought it was wonderful as she got an extra drink.

I am not a huge beer drinker but I would have happily killed  for a drink on Friday. Sitting with people getting noticebly drunker and listening to very loud German music. Sobriety was a bad thing.

The food was good but it was only served at 8 and by that stage the nausea was at full force. I managed to eat a bit but I have learnt to eat early to try and minimise it.

Anyway I managed to stay until 10:30 and then I was finished and to be honest bored and a little deaf.

The highlight of the evening was seeing my poor seven foot tall BIL wearing lederhosen and a green cap that did not in any way fit. He volunteered to work the bar all night instead of the standard 1 hour shift for fathers. He was just too embarrassed to be seen in his get up. I think Andrew is really hoping we move before its his turn.

The weekend was spent studying for my law exam on Monday and playing with Ewan. At least the poor kid is better now although he is still coughing a bit.

Today I am shattered tired as our neighbours dog sat next to our bedroom window and howled all night. I am starting to think living in a flat or townhouse might be a good idea next year. I just want a bit of peace away from great danes.

So how was your weeked?

1 comment: