Friday, October 19, 2012

The one with the news

Yes I have been very quite this week. I got some news on Sunday and I have been unsure about posting it. Well on my birthday at the start of this year I posted that this year I was hoping something would happen but I couldn't talk about it yet. Well guess what.....

So I decided last night that if things go wrong I will post about it anyway so you might as well know.

In the early hours of Sunday morning I woke up with a start. Some things that had been bugging me lately had come together in my head to form just one conclusion.

So Sunday morning while hubby was out running I peed on a stick and well two lines showed up.

Andrew was delighted and Ewan was confused by all the excitement.

We have been trying for a while so on day one of knowing I was all excited.

Monday not so much. Don't get me wrong I really want this baby but we are well and truly out of the baby phase with Ewan and the thought of starting again is just plain scary. I lie awake at night thinking of all the wierd changes that are coming my way. In just a few months I won't be able to see my feet anymore. I don't know why but that worries me.

Scarily I am only 6 weeks and showing a little already.

Trying for a baby is one thing but when the little person is on their way you start to worry about all the changes coming into your life.

Next year is already going to be a busy year but I guess baby x will just have to fit in.

The strangest part is the due date is my sons birthday. I am already joking that I am only fertile once a year.

This week has been a bit of a rollercoaster.

I have some major exams starting next week so I am trying to cram in studying. I am fighting the first waves of nausea. Ewan decided to get sick this week and when he gets a cold his airways start blocking up almost immediately. So sick kid and then I get the cold to aid to my yuckiness of the moment. Wednesday night found me at the Doctors office trying to open his airways with a fancy inhaled medicine that made him shake like a 90 year old man. The Doc wanted him in hospital but decided to try one night of 6 hour inhaler medication and strong antibiotics.

On Thursday morning normal cheerful little boy was back until I suggested we have a bath before going to the Doctor for a check on his breathing. He wanted to watch Disney Junior. Well he was playing with my brothers hiking stick so I got a wack on the side of my head. Hurt like a *^*$%&$^. The situation ended with the two of us sitting on the chair in the  bathroom crying. I just love pregnancy hormones. I also love how I have to comfort him but anyway.

The Doctor said he was breathing fine so luckily we avoided the hospital this time.

Today he is at work with his Dad so I can get some more studying done and a break from small person. Shame he really didn't want to go to school today. I don't think he is quite up to playing all day yet.

So yes what a hectic week. Hopefully next week will be all plain sailing.

I have a law exam on Monday which the legal side of the environment in this country just gets me pissed off so lets hope it goes well. Friday is my first scan with the lovely Dr Candice Roberts in Ballito and then a nice relaxing weekend at the beach.

Joy of joys tonight I have to go to a Bierfest at my sons school. Fun times when you are the designated driver thanks to recent developments.

Enjoy your weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations! So happy for you. Every child needs a sibling. Showing at 6 weeks? Not to get you all excited but with my first I showed at almost 20 weeks , with the twins at around 8 weeks. So ask Dr Candice to check for two or more little people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cat. Well we will look and see for two next week. Twins do run in my family. If that is the case I will be looking to you for lots of advice as to how to cope with two babies:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen at MomAgain@40October 20, 2012 at 8:20 AM

    Congratulations! Great news!

    ReplyDelete