Thursday, October 4, 2012

USA all the way.

So guess where we are going again?



Yep its off to the land of the brave and the home of the free for us. This will be my third visit which to be honest is a little strange as I really don't like travelling to the States that much. The reason for this trip is that my brother got engaged to his long time girlfriend on their last trip to South Africa. They are having a wedding ceremony here in April but for numerous reasons it's actually easier for them to get married in the USA.


I ummed and ahhed about it for a while but then my darling husband pointed out that I would probably regret it if I wasn't there for my brothers actual wedding. We can afford to go so it would be stupid not to. I guess Mauritus can wait for the end of next year.


So lucky little bugger that my son is he will be heading to Walt Disney World again. The kid is only three and the Feb trip to the USA will be his third overseas trip. People ask how we afford this kind of thing and I point to the roof that needs repainting, the bathroom that is still pink despite us living in this house for ten years and the awful falling apart lounge suite. We have always found the money to travel. One day I would like a nice lounge suite but I would like to see Japan more. In the end travel always wins.


I always organise all trips for family and friends so I have decided to let you follow along as I plan this trip. I will share my tips for getting the best deals out of flights, hotels and car rentals.


So we are vaguely planning at this stage to leave on the 20 Feb and arrive back on the 18 March.


I will also be getting my butt in gear over the next few weeks and I will post the details about our March this year trip around South Africa.


Till then..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment