Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Fun

Just a note to Margot I am trying to get a subscription up and running but self hosted WordPress is not friendly to those who don't understand code. I tried a number of options but nothing worked. I have asked the two computer boffins I know for help so hopefully it will be up and running next week. Thanks for suggesting it I know I get very lazy with additions to the site sometimes.

So some updates for you quickly.

* On the 10 Nov we went to see Linkin Park live in Joburg. Yes I am a huge fan or more accurately was in my early twenties. I still listen to them but not with the same level of passion. Anyway the concert was brilliant. Big Concerts may stuff up on tickets but they do put on a great concert. The only strange part was I saw a couple of kids Ewan's age there with their parents. Now I get the concert didn't have an age limit but really. We only got back to the hotel at 1:30 am, kids should not be up that late. The video below is an example of a song they played and the images on the giant screen disturbed me. Ewan would have been screaming. Am I the only one who thinks those parents insane for taking their kids?

http://youtu.be/43WBDpTUn5s

*The next morning we headed back to Vryheid. I picked up Ewan and drove through to St. Lucia to spend the week with Phil while Andrew was diving in Sodwana. We had such an incredible time. Ewan was so exhausted he started having afternoon naps again. We swam, jaccuzied, went for long walks, played mini golf, went to the beach, saw rhinos and buffalo at Cape Vidal and ate at some awesome child friendly restaurants. It was a magical few days.

*Thursday saw me driving to Sodwana to meet up with Andrew. We had fun at the beach in the mornings there but honestly I hate the bugs, heat and the lack of things to do there. Its a diving and fishing destination and that is it. The dive camp only has 3m pool which isn't kid friendly. I go there for Andrews sake but honestly I would rather be a million miles away.

So we spent 9 nights away from home. This week has been all about catch up.

On a side note that I may have forgotten to mention Ewan has been potty trained for almost two months now. We still have the occasional accident but wow nappy free life is much easier.

I will post pictures next week from our week away.

Enjoy your weekend and here is a funny video to end. By the way it really is a safety video from Sydney Metro. Only the Australians.

http://youtu.be/IJNR2EpS0jw

1 comment:

  1. No heavens, not the place for kids! Your time away sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete