Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

So today in honour of all my American friends and wow there are a lot of you if I sit and think about it, I am cooking the full Thanksgiving Dinner.

The giant turkey is in the oven, the whipped mashed potatoes are done, the pumpkin pie is done and its almost time to eat.

Today I am thankful to have a wonderful son who gave me a huge hug when I fetched him from school and told me he loves me to the moon and back.

I am grateful to my husband who is so supportive of me that he wants me to follow my dreams and write full time. In fact he told me he is happy that I have finally seen the light and decided to do what I have always wanted to do instead of moaning about my job.

I am grateful for the intense, light, giddy feeling I have had since making this choice about work. I feel like I can finally breathe again. Yes I know there will be bad days ahead but I will fight them because I know this is what I wanted from the time I was ten years old.

I am grateful to have an incredible brother that I am so proud to call my sibling. In fact I am counting the days till I get to see you again. We may not have seen eye to eye as kids but now to quote Ewan "I love you to the moon and back". You have made a brilliant choice in the Alena to be your wife and I know we will just get closer as the years go by. Let's work on that living in the same country thing:)

I am grateful to still have my parents and to be able to spend time with them everyday. I don't know what I would do without you and your help and love.

I am grateful to have wonderful friends like Philip. We have known each other for so long we have to make sure to keep each others secrets from newer friends. You are my best friend Phil and you always will be.

I am grateful to have wonderful friends/family in people like Bex and Si. Love ya and love spending time with ya. Watch out for the giant dinner coming your way tonight.

Finally I am grateful to you my readers. Your comments and emails brighten up my day.I love reading your blogs and spending time in our online community.

So take this day to think about what you are grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Awww Thanks! That was so sweet and I really do appreciate the comments.

    Anyhoooo we will be seeing you in Miami in 1 week.

    Love
    James

    ReplyDelete