Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I think it's time we called quits on this

I have worked for the same company since October 2006. Wow I can't believe it has been six years now. Let me just take a minute to digest that.

Until now my record was 18 months. This may have to do with the fact I work from home now and my bosses all live in different parts of the world. I never was very good at dealing with bosses. I will admit it I hate being corrected.

This job was great at first but lately and I am talking for about two years now things have been on a downward slope.

I can't tell you the exact details but an email I received on Sunday filled me with a slow cold rage that I just can't get rid of. I am tired of being angry and stressed about work but this email was the last straw. The last two nights I have spent a few hours awake every night consumed by angry feelings I can't shut down. I want to lash out at the world.

So enough is enough.

I will finish off what I owe them and since no more work will be coming my way until March anyway right now is as good a time as any to walk away.

When people ask me what I do now I will tell them I am a writer and come hell or high water I will find a way to make this work.

4 comments:

  1. Scary, but it seems like the right choice!
    Waiting for the book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. Scary times ahead but I know I have to let go in order to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep missing posts of yours - could you add a subscription functionality to your blog? I would love to keep reading but my memory is shocking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck - it seems that truly and rightly it is the end of the line for you

    ReplyDelete