Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Meat Free Monday 2

Sorry this one is a tiny bit similar to last week. This is totally the fault of Michelle from Burgh Baby. I was going to make butternut soup but a recipe on her blog involved melted cheese and suddenly I needed melted cheese. http://www.theburghbaby.com/ If you dont read her already go ahead and check her blog out its awesome:0 Are you back..... great here is yesterdays recipe.

Easy worknight pasta bake

Ingredients

500g dried pasta(I used wholewheat spirals)

1 Jar of pasta sauce( I used roasted vegetables but whatever you like)

1 Pack button mushrooms

1 onion chopped

1 tablespoon garlic crushed

200g frozen sweetcorn

200g frozen peas

1 cup grated cheddar

1 round feta

250 ml fat free yoghurt more if you want it saucier

Method

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Cook the pasta 2 min less then packet instructions. While its cooking fry the onion and garlic in a little olive oil. Add the mushrooms and fry till almost cooked then add the sweetcorn and peas. Once cooked add the jar pasta sauce and yoghurt. Stir. Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the veggie mix in an oven proof dish. Top with the cheddar and crumbled feta. Heat in oven till the cheese is just burnt. Yum:0

Promise I will start posting pics of the food soon I am just waiting for my new phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment