Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tales of a last minute packer

I am hugely sorry for the lack of posts but I am so busy at the moment. We fly to the USA in just nine days and I am hoping to get my book up before that. I am also trying to be really organised this time and not pack an hour before we leave. This is standard me behaviour I always promise to be more organised but it never works. Last year we went to Australia in Febuary for a month. Ewan was eight months old at the time and I had lots of plans about how I was going to be super mommy. Well thats just what they where plans. We had to buy the poor child a coat because all he had was a thin jersey and I had forgotten how bad the weather can be in Melbourne even in summer. Ewan didn't get a luggage allowance on internal flights so I had packed all his clothes, blankets, nappies and bottles in my bag. The brilliant part was on arrival in Sydney I discovered I had pretty much forgotten to pack for me. Yeah. So I had three shirts, two pairs of shorts, one pair of jeans, a costume and a dress for a month long holiday. After paying for flights, hotels and car hire my bank balance was fairy low so I made do with just those clothes. I was utterly sick of those clothes by the time we got home so I haven't worn them since.

This time Ewan does get a luggage allowance so things should turn out a bit better. Today I packed his bag as with the cold spell we are having he won't need any summer clothes till we leave. Tick. Yes I have actually made a list of things to do before we go and a packing list for myself.

So here's to me being organised and actually having some clothes this trip. Just watch the airlines will lose my bag:)

A picnic in the Barrossa. The sparkly evening shirt is so suitable:0

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, a trip to the USA. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the trip! I have packing lists for almost anything as I have been so unorganized before - it really works. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete